MASS: Music Audio Signal Separation
This database was created to help to evaluate of Musical Audio Signal Separation algorithms and statements on a representative set of professionally produced music (i.e. real music recordings).
- Fixed matlab code to load Bearlin-Roads.
- Tracks of Sargon-Silenci were rearranged.
- All audio files were normalized to 44.1Khz and 24bits.
Description of dataset
We include several song snips of a few seconds (10s-40s) with the following contents:
- Tracks (with/without effects): Stereo Microsoft PCM WAV files (44.1Khz, 24 bits) of every instrumental track including and/or without including effects (plugins enabled or disabled in the project file used for production)
- Description of the effects: When available, we include a description of the plugins used to modify the tracks without effects.
- Lyrics: When available, lyrics are included.
- License: All licenses allow these data sets to be used in scientific research but other may grant other priviledges (such as by-nc Creative Common licensed work).
Instructions for loading a data set in matlab
Uncompress the data set in a folder
Download the following matlab file: loadSources.zip
Execute in matlab as follows:
With effects set to 0 to load the tracks without effects and set to 1 to load the tracks with effects.
Please kindly complete the following request form to download the database.
Please acknowledge this dataset in academic research.