Sónar Innovation Challenge 2017: Call for Creators
This year the MTG is once again collaborating with the Sónar+D festival to organize the Sónar Innovation Challenge (SIC).
SIC is a platform for the collaboration between innovative tech companies and the creative community (programmers, designers, artists) that aims to produce disruptive prototypes to be showcased in Sonar+D. The interaction between companies and creators happens through challenges proposed by the companies themselves. Challenges are open questions to the creative community, that can be approached from a technical and/or artistic perspective.
This year SIC proposes 6 challenges that span from intelligent DJ assistants and context-aware music flow, to VR, interface design and affective computing. The calendar of SIC:
- March 6th - April 7th: Open Call for Creators. You can apply to one or more challenges from the website.
- April 21st: Announcement of selected participants. A group of 5 creators will be assigned to each challenge. This means that you will work in the challenge collaborating with others.
- May 1st - June 13th: You will have the chance to meet and work remotely with your team to plan the best solution for the challenge in collaboration with company mentors.
- June 13th: Kick-off meeting @ Barcelona (place TBC)
- June 14th-16th: working session & showcases @ Sonar+D (Barcelona)
- June 17th: you will chill out and enjoy Sónar+D and Sónar Festival
The selection process will be based on the profile, motivation and previous experience of participants. Also, creators coming from abroad will receive a travel aid to help them cover mobility and accommodation expenses.