- Geiger, G. et al. (2010). The Reactable: A Collaborative Musical Instrument for Playing and Understanding Music. (Published in a museography journal, it discusses the role and usage of the Reactable in museums and public exhibitions).
- Jordà, S. (2003). Sonigraphical Instruments From FMOL to the reacTable*.
- Jordà, S. (2003). Interactive music systems for everyone exploring visual feedback as a way for creating more intuitive, efficient and learnable instruments. (These two papers introduce the concept of multithreaded computer-based music instruments, and discusses how visual feedback can become an essential asset in this type of instruments).
- Jordà, S. (2005). Digital Lutherie: Crafting musical computers for new musics' performance and improvisation. (Although published two years after the beginning of the project, Jordà's PhD thesis develops the conceptual framework that would lead to the conception and development of the Reactable, which is introduced and described as "Future Work" in the last chapter).
- Jordà, S., Kaltenbrunner, M., Geiger, G., Bencina, R. (2005). The reacTable*. (The Reactable's official presentation, at the International Computer Music Conference (ICMC) in Barcelona).
- Jordà, S., Alonso, M. (2006). Mary had a little scoreTable* or the reacTable* goes melodic. New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME).
- Jordà, S. (2006). The reacTable, ACM SIGGRAPH.
- Jordà, S., Geiger, G., Alonso, M., Kaltenbrunner, M. (2007). The reacTable Exploring the Synergy between Live Music Performance and Tabletop Tangible Interfaces. (This paper, presented at the 1st Tangible and Embedded Interaction conference (TEI), gives a more mature vision than the 2005 paper. It is also the most popular Reactable paper, and although not the first one, it could probably be considered as the canonical one).
- Jordà, S. (2007). The reactable. In Sound to Sense, Sense to Sound – A state of the art in Sound and Music Computing (A chapter in a book on the future of Sound and Music Computing).
- Jordà, S. (2008). Tecnologies digitals and Creació musical en viu / El reactable. In (A chapter in a Catalan book).
- Jordà, S. (2008). On Stage: the Reactable and other Musical Tangibles go Real. (Published in the "Tangible Interaction" special issue of the International Journal of Arts and Technology, this can be considered the definitive Reactable paper).
- Jordà, S.(2010). The Reactable : Tangible and Tabletop Music Performance, CHI 2010.
- Kaltenbrunner, M., Geiger, G., Jordà, S. (2004). Dynamic Patches for Live Musical Performance. (Dynamic patching is, together with advanced visual feedback, one of the essential assets in the Reactable's design).
- Kaltenbrunner, M., Jordà, S., Geiger, G., Alonso, M. (2006). The reacTable* A Collaborative Musical Instrument.
reacTIVision and TUIO publications
- Bencina, R., Kaltenbrunner, M., Jordà, S. (2005). Improved Topological Fiducial Tracking in the reacTIVision System.
- Bencina, R., Kaltenbrunner, M. (2005). The Design and Evolution of Fiducials for the reacTIVision System.
- Kaltenbrunner, M., Bovermann, T., Bencina, R., Costanza, E. (2005). TUIO A Protocol for Table-Top Tangible User Interfaces.
- Kaltenbrunner, M., Bencina, R. (2007). reacTIVision A Computer-Vision Framework for Table-Based Tangible Interaction.