Duration: from 1/12/2003 to 31/11/2006
In the context of large-scale digital music distribution, the goal of the project is to develop a new generation of HIFI systems, offering new functionality for browsing, interacting, rendering, personalizing and editing musical material.
This next generation of hard-disk based HIFI systems will drastically change the home users’ relationship to music and multimedia content. They will be able to interact with music, blurring the traditional limits between playing, performing and remixing. These HIFI systems will be as much open instruments as listening stations.
- Personalized classification and content-based management of music pieces; query by humming, automated playlist generation specified by global and content-based criteria, automatic production of musical summaries;
- Browsing within musical pieces through the analysis of their content: temporal maps, browsing by lyrics, advanced variable speed playback, navigation within the orchestral polyphony with spatial audio rendering;
- Personalized editing and composition tools, DJ application;
- Instrumental and vocal tools and automatic accompaniment;
- Sharing of the indexing, composition and performance work through P2P networks.
Fraunhofer IDMT, DE
Sony CSL, FR
Sony EuTEC, DE